We’re excited to be partnering with CGI to strengthen our ESG and CSR strategic focus. Our collaboration will provide new agile ways of integrating and up-skilling stakeholders around the digital transformation journey and how our embedded team of specialist consultants can support them.
The Corporate Governance Institute offers education and certification in corporate governance and ESG to aspiring and existing directors around the world. Whether you’re looking to enhance your career as a director, develop practical knowledge insights or upskill, our partnership will provide you with everything you need to succeed in ESG and CSR.
As partners, we’ll be focusing on the ESG and CSR diplomas:
Following CSRD’s more stringent reporting requirements for ESG factors, knowing what it takes to become a qualified & confident ESG leader is vital for modern company development. In the world’s first university credit-rated online Diploma in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), you will learn the practical tools and techniques to implement a fully-operational ESG framework across your organisation.
What you’ll learn:
Module 1: The origins of ESG
- You will gain a clear understanding of the background of E, S and G, from history to trends to societal responses.
Module 2: The evolving ESG landscape
- You will understand, in detail, the broad changing landscape of ESG and its implications for your organisation.
Module 3: Exploring ESG investing
- You will learn about the changes that are taking place within the investment community in relation to ethical and ESG investing.
Module 4: ESG and the role of the board
- You will be crystal clear about the board’s roles and responsibilities in delivering ESG, including tell-tale signs of toxic board culture.
Module 5: Integrating ESG into business strategy
- You will learn how to develop and take ownership of implementing your corporate sustainability strategy across your organisation.
Module 6: Best practice in ESG and risk management
- You will understand how to manage and mitigate ESG strategy and risk using best-practice metrics and data analytics.
Module 7: The importance of governance in ESG
- You will understand how your ESG framework supports and enhances your governance practices across the board, from policies to correct reporting procedures.
Module 8: ESG and data quality: why it matters
- You will learn how to optimise the use of ESG data across all aspects of your business through key concepts and practical examples.
Module 9: Best practice in ESG reporting
- You will learn how to accurately report your ESG data to support your strategic decisions, considering current and future legislation.
Module 10: Leading ESG transformation in your organisation
- You will learn how to develop and implement a successful transition plan to ESG for your entire organisation, from start to finish.
Diploma in Corporate Governance
This comprehensive, globally recognised, diploma is a vital segway in development for aspiring directors, existing directors and executives in leadership roles. Designed and delivered by industry-leading directors and governance professionals, the Diploma in Corporate Governance is recognised as an essential cornerstone for organisations looking to upskill their board or C-suite.
What you’ll learn in this diploma
Module 1: Introduction to corporate governance
- Gain a clear understanding of the world of corporate governance, the principles which underpin it, global trends and the role it plays in contemporary business.
Module 2: Governance architecture
- Learn that the governance structure of every organisation is unique, given its heritage and culture and how to build a best practice governance structure.
Module 3: The governance handbook
- The Board Governance Handbook is the document that defines an organisation roles, policies, procedures and other basic board documentation.
Module 4: Reporting
- This module clearly explains, in detail, the information and supporting processes that directors require to perform their role and how they relate to effective reporting.
Module 5: The company director
- You will learn about the duties and responsibilities to be a competent director with the appropriate mindset to make a real impact in the boardroom.
Module 6: Culture
- This module explains the importance of aligning the culture of the board with the organisation and its strategy and how to influence company culture.
Module 7: Strategy
- This module will help you to understand the tools used, the strategy development and implementation processes and the board’s role.
Module 8: Financial matters
- This module will help to interpret the financial statements that you will have to master as a director and help you ask the right questions.
Module 9: Risk
- This module ensures that you, as a director, can provide the proper oversight of risk in the organisation and ask intelligent questions.
Module 10: Evaluating performance
- This module clearly explains how to initiate and implement evaluations of the board, directors, and CEO on either an internal or external basis.
Module 11: The non-executive director
- This module will help you formulate a systematic approach to your career plan to become or progress as a director or non-executive director.
Find out more: https://chesamel.com/cgi-diplomas