Data privacy regulation. Copyright & Fair Use laws. News codes. Economic impact of community platforms. Kids on the internet. Diversity and inclusion. These are just some of the issues that have grabbed the headlines for the last few years in tech.
Creators’ voices influence culture locally and globally, and their success is critical to ours. Now more than ever we need to connect with creators to ensure they’re aware of potential impacts to the platform, and engage them in the process as regulations and policies emerge.
As the Creator Advocacy Policy Marketing Manager – YouTube EMEA, you will consider what the changing regulation and policy landscape means for creators in EMEA, and execute on a proactive strategy to engage with this critical audience to understand and represent their perspectives on code updates, regulation debates and outcomes and more.
Collaborating with legal, marketing, PR and partnership teams, this person will be responsible for ensuring all creator-related policy advocacy campaigns & scaled communications are prioritized for creator needs and optimized for creator engagement. This requires fast and dynamic project management, accurate measurement of impact and timely executions.
- Collaborate with regional and local YouTube creator teams across marketing, partnerships and policy
- Develop and execute communications strategy and creator engagement plans
- Partner with cross functional teams to source and nurture a cohort of Creator Advocates for current and upcoming regulatory headwinds.
Creator Engagement Planning:
- Keep on the cutting edge of an evolving cultural, policy and regulatory environment and creator research.
- Work with local and regional Government Affairs, PR and marketing teams to create high-impact creator advocacy programs to increase awareness, engagement and activation of regulations and laws impacting creator success and happiness, including privacy, child safety, copyright, abuse and harassment.
- Manage monthly metrics update report on market advocacy & regulatory activities.
Campaign and Go-to Market Development:
- Partner with the cross-functional teams on advocacy campaigns and GTM for policy, privacy and more (blog, email, live forums, feedback sessions) and drive creator advocacy, education and engagement on these topics.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy to enhance the level of trust between creators and YouTube, focused on positioning and demystifying systems and platform policies (i.e. Community Guidelines, Monetization, Code of Conduct, Copyright).
- Work cross-functionally to accelerate development of regional and country-based policy & regulation-specific positioning, messaging, and campaign elements, based on creator insights, in response to fast breaking issues across marketing levers (blog, email, web, studio, live forums, feedback sessions).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Min 5 years of experience in advocacy/policy/brand communications and/or marketing
- Demonstrated success communicating complex/controversial topics to users or consumers
- Experience in strategic campaign and messaging development
- Exceptional writing skills, particularly in English
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to work autonomously
- Policy communications experience, including understanding of regulatory issues in tech
- Experience with media and/or influencer relations
- Experience developing and executing scaled community engagement campaigns
- Experience driving a cross-functional collaboration and aligning senior stakeholders
- Fluency in a second European language besides English is strongly preferred