Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: London, UK
Our client is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. Our client exists to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organisations of all sizes.
Our client’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? If this sounds compelling join our client’s team!
Home & Garden is our client’s key vertical and a key part of the growth plans of the business. Our client actively works across several parts of Home & Garden including Furniture, Home Decor, Home Improvement and Garden.
- Internally considered as a Home & Garden subject matter expert with your insight of the retail sector with expertise of specific categories
- Derive insights from reports that drive business results
- Lead and develop the operational relationship with large partners, brands and retailers, within the portfolio and in line with the category strategy
- Lead on and be responsible for more complex initiatives that drive the business
- Partner with the Category Managers to develop the annual strategy and quarterly commercial plan and work closely to share market insight to define and implement a brand acquisition & scaling strategy to optimise the brand reach on the site
- Assess the customer & competitor user experience in order to generate proposals that improve our client’s platform features.
External Relationship Management
- Ensure delivery of commercial targets and partner with the Category Managers in developing the annual and quarterly commercial plans for the business
- Ability to build long term, trusted and productive relationships at all levels
Internal Relationship Management
- Has responsibility for the day to day management & leadership of your team
- Provide feedback, mentoring & coaching to all members of the team
- Maternal & paternal leave
- Paid sabbatical
- Plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead
- Proven experience of exceptional sales/budget performance within a B2C or B2B environment (preferably retail or e-commerce)
- Experience in leading, coaching and motivating teams
- Proven strong experience in Home & Garden retail/e-commerce buying or category management or as a business development manager
- Extensive experience working in this area and with a long contact list and developed relationships with key people in the Home & Garden industry
- A strategic problem solver, with a strong track record of driving commercial results through Business Development and Acquisition
- End to end ownership of the seller plan with the use of client data to drive business results and sales outcomes
- Outstanding negotiation skills to source critical inventory and establish joint commercial targets
- Track record of building effective trading relationships with clients/suppliers/brands to drive exceptional advocacy and a joint focus on commercial outcomes
- Strong trading acumen, comfortable operating in a fast-paced trading environment and skilled at managing peak trading periods
- Excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Able to operate with agility