Workflow Improvements Developer
This role is well-suited to a developer with a passion for improving existing workflows mainly relying on a high number of Google Sheets, manual processes to maintain these, along with manual email sends, replicating folder structures and feedback forms. The applicant will have a collaborative approach towards the various teams within GDA who have differing priorities and needs, plus a willingness to flex based on the demands of ever-evolving programs within the business. Though the project will have defined goals, the candidate should expect to further define scope, timescales and resources required.
The role requires someone who is able to strike a healthy balance between designing features/solutions and bringing them to life through hands-on development, ideally using Google Apps Script. A go-getter with creative ideas will enjoy the opportunity to work in a close-knit team, contribute suggestions and influence the prioritisation of features and to an extent, the overall scope of the project. The ideal candidate will also possess good project management and communication skills.
- Review existing workflows utilised by multiple teams in the GDA, to collaboratively design robust & scalable solutions/features
- Provide breakdown of stages/steps with estimated timescales, to inform prioritisation
- Deliver improvements through the use of automation scripts (Google Apps Script, Google App Maker, etc.) with Google Suite applications (Sheets, Forms, Docs, Drive, Calendar, Sites, Gmail, etc)
- Own and manage all stages of solution lifecycle - scope, architect, design, build, check, test, present prototypes/demos and iterate to final version
- Document solutions/features delivered for future reference, plus user guides
- Database querying
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Sheets, Forms, Docs, Drive, Calendar, Sites, Gmail, etc.) and competitor variations (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Apple Calendar, etc.)
- Project management
- Strong written & verbal communications
- Ability to flex on scope and technical requirements required, based on business objectives to changing business objectives