DiscoverWork is now hiring!
We are not your standard employment agency, we have launched a platform that aims to inject emotion back into the role discovery process, allowing our members to find the perfect role for them through businesses telling their story from the get go.
We want to ensure our members are happy at work, and this stems from finding the right role. This is why we give our members an authentic and comprehensive image of each company before they embark on the interviewing journey.
We are looking for a creative, self-motivated and highly organised individual looking for a new and exciting Technical Writer role. You will specifically be working with one of the world’s leading tech companies on their health-tracking platform.
As a Technical Writer you will plan, research, write, publish, and maintain high-quality content for a developer audience. You will need to include code examples from the engineering team in docs and explain how they’re used. You will collaborate with product managers, developers, and other writers to identify documentation needs and use cases. You will manage complex documentation projects and build strong working relationships with subject matter experts, technical leads, and other stakeholders. You will be collocated with the product and engineering team building the product.
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of technical writing experience in English with 2+ years of documenting APIs or developer tools
- Prove resourcefulness, initiative, and adaptability
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and deliver in fast-paced environments
- Ability to read Java
- Outstanding writing samples
- Experience using a CLI, authoring in markup languages, and managing files in source control
- Willingness to occasionally conference into meetings outside of local business hours to accommodate international teams
- Ability to code in Python
- Ability to code in C++