Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer
We are not your standard employment agency, we have launched a platform that aims to inject emotion back into the role discovery process, allowing our members to find the perfect role for them through businesses telling their story from the get go.
We want to ensure our members are happy at work, and this stems from finding the right role. This is why we give our members an authentic and comprehensive image of each company before they embark on the interviewing journey.
We are looking for an innovative and conscientious software engineer to join the Systems Development Team of an international bespoke sportswear company. This is a great opportunity to make compelling enhancements to the company’s website e-commerce offering and related back-end systems.
Founded in 1999, this international sportswear manufacturer supplies bespoke sports apparel for over 100 sports to schools, universities and clubs worldwide. The company now also partners with thousands of grass-roots as well as elite sports teams.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the design, testing, implementation and maintenance of new developments for software applications and systems, ensuring they meet both user and business requirements across multiple platforms. They will deftly use the latest Java technologies to achieve this, together with the latest front-end technologies to implement these designs.
These developments will involve both augmenting and adding new modules to our customer-facing websites as well to our internal administration systems. These include a sophisticated Kit Designer system as well as several advanced e-commerce modules which support a high number of online customers and company shops.
These core systems are implemented in a Java environment, using Struts2, Spring3, Hibernate3 frameworks running on Tomcat servers interfacing with a MySQL database.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Java developer to further develop their skills in a supportive knowledge-sharing environment employing the latest technologies.
- Java experience (Minimum 3 years commercial experience)
- Spring3 framework
- Hibernate object persistence framework
- Java Server Pages experience or awareness
- Maven POM
- Apache Tomcat server experience
- SQL query and object design skills, (ideally MySQL experience)
- Front-end Js frameworks, ideally Angular 2 to 7
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Reliable and flexible
- Strong attention to detail
- LINUX experience
- Apache Webserver experience
- Struts2 Servlet Action framework
- Front end build tools – Gulp
- Js TDD (Karma, Jasmine)
- PEN-testing skills or awareness
- CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS)
- Cross browser testing experience
- Progressive Web Application experience or awareness
- User Centred Design processes and User Experience design
- Subversion source control system
- Hudson Continuous Integration and Build system