Recruiter & Program Manager
DiscoverWork are now hiring!
We are not your standard employment agency, we have launched a platform that aims to inject emotion back into the role discovery process, allowing our members to find the perfect role for them through businesses telling their story from the get go.
We want to ensure our members are happy at work, and this stems from finding the right role. This is why we give our members an authentic and comprehensive image of each company before they embark on the interviewing journey.
We are looking for an individual who is both creative and driven with interpersonal savvy and basic analytical skills to take on the role of Recruiter & Program Manager for one of the world’s leading tech companies. You will implement staffing strategies to provide a qualified and diverse intern candidate pool for their technical internship program and employ analytics to make the hiring process smarter and more efficient.
The company is known for their innovative technologies, products and services and for the people behind them. Whether you are making our staffing systems more efficient, planning for our growth, building relationships on college campuses or cultivating the next generation of computer scientists, you have an eye on the staffing needs of the company and the broader hiring landscape. You are focused on cultivating outstanding candidates for longer-term hiring needs, and you are the glue that ties together a cross-functional and international group of staffing teams. You are both scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven and excited to share the magic of the intern programs and the essential role they play in fueling the company’s growth with extraordinary talent!
As program manager, you will recruit for interns across all of our technical product areas and manage the summer programming and events for when these students are here. You will be supporting all stages of the intern recruiting life cycle to assist hiring for technical groups across Europe. You will be an integral part of the interviewing and selection cycle, and will have experience in high volume recruitment. You must be delivery-focused and genuinely enjoy interacting and interviewing a high volume of candidates on a daily basis. Additionally, once the interns are hired you will, along with the rest of the team, ensure their onboarding is smooth and they receive an excellent internship experience.
The ideal program manager candidate will have a proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-pace, changing work environment as well as the ability to prioritise multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently.
- Work and communicate effectively with a large volume of candidates and hiring managers
- Manage the candidate process and act as a candidate advocate
- Manage the offer process for candidates across multiple locations
- Partner with sister teams to position the company as the top destination for students
- Keep partners apprised of and involved in work by communicating information and status to project leads, team members and partner organisations coordinating cross-functionally and influencing peers, project leaders and/or managers
- Solve problems and produce solutions by collecting and analysing data, identifying alternatives when circumstances change and seeking out additional responsibilities
- Local event management and participation on Intern Summit work
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of relevant work experience gained in a corporate, start-up, or consulting organisation OR graduate degree and experience in a related field
- Proven organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and succeed in an environment with competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to develop recommendations and implement solutions to promote ongoing improvements to recruitment efforts based on client needs
- Ability to maintain confidence and professionalism when leading others through ambiguous and complex situations; influence and negotiate diplomatically and fairly with a range of stakeholders
- Attention to accuracy of highly detailed information in documents or electronic files; solve problems based on due diligence of information
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client service skills
- Ability to deliver high quality results in a timely manner, individually and through others
- Grow professionally by actively staying up to date in areas of expertise
- Team player who possesses leadership skills, acts with integrity and self-awareness, avoids unethical shortcuts and respects and values intelligence and diversity of the company