Chesamel is a global growth and transformation company that solves businesses challenges with innovation and technology, and we want to help you on your journey to find the best opportunity for you!
We are looking for a highly skilled and tech-savvy individual to join Our Client, as a part of the team that is in an ever-expanding quantitative trading industry in the position of Quantitative Trader.
We are looking for an experienced trader to design intraday or weekly holding strategies on indices or commodities. This role allows you to lead a team of programmers to execute Quantitative trading in a comprehensive strategy using mathematical functions for automated trading models to deliver results.
You will work closely and cross-functionally with other teams, traders, stakeholders and C-Level executives to ensure the company’s goals and objectives are met in a timely manner. To be successful in this role you must be highly organised with great attention to detail when it comes to coding and development projects for new initiatives programmes.
- You will work in a team of traders, quants and developers on developing new and maintaining existing commodities trading strategies
- Brainstorm new, cutting-edge trading ideas
- Design, implement, back-test and deploy trading algorithms
- Help improve execution and risk management of the existing portfolio
- Work on modelling cross asset relationships
- Contributing to internal tools (eg, back-end testing tools and extend the analytics library)
- Designing algorithms and strategies
- Leasing with the international team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Programming proficiency with a major programming language (C++, Java, HTML, Python)
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Prior experience in commodities at a hedge fund
- Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges
- Ability to quickly resolve issues under pressure
- A very proactive individual able to handle activities simultaneously
- Hands-on approach, flexible with a positive outlook.
- Experience managing a team or willingness to eventually manage a team
- Attention to detail and strong focus on accuracy of information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills