Public Engagement & Communications Team Coordinator
DiscoverWork is now hiring!
We are not your standard employment agency, we have launched a platform that aims to inject emotion back into the role discovery process, allowing our members to find the perfect role for them through businesses telling their story from the get go.
We want to ensure our members are happy at work, and this stems from finding the right role. This is why we give our members an authentic and comprehensive image of each company before they embark on the interviewing journey.
One of the world’s leading technology companies is looking for a Public Engagement & Communications Team Coordinator to join their AI research team. Their mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place. The team have created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. This world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms.
This role would suit a proactive, energetic person with a can-do attitude. This is a wide-ranging opportunity to work with a dynamic and fast-paced team within an exciting environment.
- Run systems to ensure the day-to-day administrative requirements of the team are dealt with efficiently and systematically
- Process administrative tasks quickly and efficiently, including liaising with internal finance and legal teams, and ensuring that a broad range of activity is coordinated effectively
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to the team (setting up new systems, documentation, ordering required items, booking rooms etc)
- Onboard and work closely with a range of suppliers, ensuring they are registered on systems, and have an excellent experience whilst working with the team
- Support on budgeting, including recording team spend and labelling spend data
- Assist with the onboarding of temps and other workers
Coordination and Scheduling:
- Coordinate events and meetings involving both external and internal stakeholders; provide effective scheduling for a wide range of communications projects
- Work with the team lead’s EA when required for team scheduling/Director-level diaries
- Assist with external visits to the office as required
Supporting the Team:
- Iron out ambiguity and proactively resolve issues
- Anticipate obstacles before they arise and resolve them
- You have prior experience within an administrative role in a fast-paced organisation, and preferably some experience with diary management
- You are very organised, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- You’re flexible and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
- You are an expert user of standard office tools, including spreadsheets
- You enjoy variety and have a hands-on mentality - no task is too big or too small
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a natural ability to build relationships with people
- You see what needs to be done and make it happen, no matter how big or small the task
- You’re self-aware and seek learning opportunities
- You find satisfaction in seeing the team you support succeed
- You are highly collaborative and enjoy working with others
- You are interested in communications and current affairs, both inside and outside of the technology industry