Advocacy Marketing Manager
Our client is reshaping the Internet Video hosting industry, and their creators are at the center of the evolution. Creators are charting a new path for today’s youth and our client’s long-term success is contingent upon helping the creator ecosystem thrive. The role of the Global Creator Marketing team is to make our video sharing platform the best place for Creators by celebrating, supporting and inspiring the world’s largest, most diverse, and most creative partner ecosystem.
Our client’s reach is unparalleled. Our Video Sharing platform has become the platform of a generation, shaping and empowering culture and society worldwide. We have stewardship over the largest creative partner ecosystem on the planet. Together with our creators, we are building a truly global destination for creativity, learning, and free expression.
Data privacy regulation. Copyright & Fair Use laws. News codes. Economic impact of community platforms. Kids on the internet. Diversity and inclusion. These are just some of the issues that have grabbed the headlines for the last few years in tech.
Creators’ voices influence culture locally and globally, and their success is critical to ours. Now more than ever we need to connect with creators to ensure they’re aware of potential impacts to the YouTube platform, and engage them in the process as regulations and policies emerge.
As the Creator Advocacy Policy Marketing Manager - EMEA, you will consider what the changing regulation and policy landscape means for video creators in EMEA, and execute on a proactive strategy to engage with this critical audience in order to understand and represent their perspectives on code updates, regulation debates, outcomes and much more.
You will collaborate with legal, marketing, PR and partnership teams and be responsible for ensuring all creator-related policy advocacy campaigns and scaled communications are prioritized for creator needs and optimized for creator engagement. This requires fast and dynamic project management, accurate measurement of impact and timely executions.
- Get to know our regional and local YouTube creators and develop empathy such that you can be the voice of this critical customer.
- Partner with Government Affairs, Marketing, and Partnerships to develop a bench of Creator Advocates for current and upcoming regulatory headwinds.
Creator Engagement Planning:
- Keep on the cutting edge of an evolving cultural policy, regulatory environment and creator research.
- Work with local and regional Government Affairs, PR and Marketing teams to create high-impact creator advocacy programs to increase awareness, engagement and activation of regulations and laws impacting creator success and happiness, including privacy, child safety, copyright, abuse and harassment.
- Manage monthly metrics update report on market advocacy & regulatory activities.
Campaign and Go-to-market Development:
- Partner with the cross-functional teams on advocacy campaigns and go-to-market for policy, privacy and more (blog, email, live forums, feedback sessions) and drive creator advocacy, education and engagement on these topics.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy to enhance the level of trust between creators and YouTube, focused on positioning and demystifying YouTube’s systems and platform policies (i.e. Community Guidelines, Monetization, Code of Conduct, Copyright).
- Work cross-functionally to accelerate the development of regional and country-based policy & regulation-specific positioning, messaging, and campaign elements, based on creator insights, in response to fast breaking issues across marketing levers (blog, email, web, studio, live forums, feedback sessions).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Min 5 years of experience in community engagement communications and marketing
- Demonstrated success communicating complex/controversial topics
- Experience in the strategic campaign and messaging development
- Exceptional writing skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Policy experience, including an understanding of regulatory issues in tech
- Experience with media and/or influencer relations
- Experience developing and executing scaled community engagement campaigns
- Experience driving cross-functional collaboration and aligning senior stakeholders
- Fluency in a second European language besides English.