Marketing Program Manager
Challenge and solution
A world leading tech company are looking for a program manager to manage the ongoing operations in order to execute to the Global and EMEA marketing strategy. The EMEA marketing team functions as the link between the Global marketing team in the US and the multiple in-country marketing teams. On the one hand (from in-country to Global) this means the EMEA team needs to collate and feedback info, needs and requests from the countries to Global. On the other hand (from Global to countries), there is a need to ensure timely delivery and deployment of launch assets ensuring they are localised to work and resonate in each country. There is also a need to collate performance of campaign across the region to track impact and then to evaluate and share best practice across the region.
The EMEA marketing team are gatekeepers of an exciting and new brand. This role will share this responsibility for ensuring that we execute as a global brand, taking into account regional insights and data to ensure we execute perfectly in local markets. This is a collaborative role, requiring strong team-work and relationship building skills. You will be working cross-functionally with in-market marketing teams in as many as ten countries.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and internal/external developers (e.g. Product, Go-To-Market, Business Development, Public Relations, UX Research, localisation teams) on development and campaign launches.
- Report on campaign performance and make timely recommendations for optimization.
- Stakeholder management - gathering information from teams to in order to make sound business decisions and supporting with escalation when required.
- Being the central point of contact for the country teams, supporting them with clarity and prioritisation on each project. You will be the ‘source of truth’ for many team members across Europe.
- Scope of key launch elements and assets required for EMEA across all touchpoints and assets: CRM, Retail, working with in-country marketing teams.
- Co-own and drive the briefing process and co-write the brief with local and global
- Ensuring the product positioning is correctly represented per market.
- Implement robust project management with clear work back schedules and required approval gateways to ensure approval and delivery of all key assets on time (NPI, New features and game launches), whilst ensuring healthy deadlines and turnaround times.
- Managing share out of localised assets and messaging as per the launch timeline to the various teams, such as legal, policy, product council.
- Partnering with the Global teams on the production for local adaptation of assets.
- Ensuring necessary approvals are acquired.
- Look to make optimisations to scale our processes and create best in class work flows.
- Manage the Postmortem process and deliverables, including, but not limited to:Post launch, identify all issues, ideate and propose solutions
- Drive process improvements (Localization, Legal - overall workload planning etc)
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years experience in CE marketing / gaming marketing
- Experience building processes/work back schedules that enable delivery of assets on time and to brief, which involve multiple stakeholders/contributors
- Experience working cross-functionally with several different teams.
- Ability to appraise whether a creative localisation/adaptation meets brand guidelines.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage critical projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Gaming background or experience working within a publisher / studio or agency
- Strong critical thinking skills to anticipate problems, provide creative solutions and manage the potential for constant change.
- Creative critique, ability to provide constructive feedback on work in relation to a brief.
- Culture fit: fast paced, good communicator, problem solver, self-starter, analytical