Digital Insights Specialist
As an Online Media Trends Researcher, you'll have the opportunity to shape and improve our understanding of one of the web's richest creative ecosystems. For a one year fellowship, you'll work with the Culture & Trends team, which uses video and channel data, and trends to connect with billions of people via marketing focused initiatives and other special projects.
You'll spend your days managing a diverse set of projects and becoming an expert on online video culture, sharing stories about trends and creators through partnerships with the press. You will become an expert at using SQL to extract data from large data sets and turning that data into compelling stories that help understand what’s trending on the market.
- Data analysis: Write SQL queries to extract, analyse and interpret data around video trending content.
- Insights: Identify and communicate insights to tell compelling data-driven stories for various audiences. Present findings that explain and contextualise online video trends and culture with minimal direction.
- Data visualization: Explore data visually at multiple levels to find insights and create compelling visual stories.
- Ideation: Support the global team on idea exploration, including brainstorming, research, data analysis and coordinating special projects.
- BA/BS degree in media, journalism, marketing, anthropology, economics, data science or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience in online media, research, data journalism or digital marketing.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and relational databases.
- 2+ years of experience in data visualisation.
- Passion for online video ecosystem, web content and digital culture.
- Fluent English speaker and strong communicator.
- MA/MS degree in media, journalism, marketing, anthropology, economics, data science or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience telling data-driven stories related to web content, pop culture, technology or news, preferably as a data journalist for a large editorial organisation.
- Strong experience with project management and working cross-functionally with marketing, data science and communications teams.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, data analysis and statistical skills.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.