This role is at a very exciting company and it´s about providing an effective service to UK media by managing, recording and responding to inbound media enquiries working with the UK communications team. And developing appropriate responses, including drafting and issuing reactive media statements where required, escalating enquiries if necessary, including liaising with the comms team members and broader internal stakeholders. The Communications Associate will be organising media interviews as appropriate with spokespeople, providing them with detailed pre-interview briefing notes and creating inspiring proactive media stories and using effective media relations to secure target coverage.
- Devising media strategies for specific news announcements, programme moments, campaigning opportunities.
- Supporting on press events such as launches and round tables, including liaising with outside suppliers and agencies.
- Creating and maintaining contacts with national, trade, regional, consumer lifestyle journalists.
- Supporting on media monitoring, either on an ongoing basis or around specific areas.
- Devising media coverage reports for internal stakeholders to showcase the work of the communications team.
- Supporting on logistics and administration where required, for instance proactive product reviews.
- Strong track record in media relations, handling reactive media enquiries, issues management.
- Excellent communication skills, building accessible and authoritative statements which reflect our tone of voice.
- Cool head and ability to parse and triage information quickly.
- A passion for building inspiring proactive stories by working closely with target media.
- Strong media sense, instinct for what makes a story and how to develop the right media strategies.
- Solid contact book of existing media relations.
- Excellent time-management skills, to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to keep a handle on lots of different moving parts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in an agency or in-house.