What is the Google Digital Garage?
The Google Digital Garage project was launched in 2015, to enable anyone to learn the fundamentals of online marketing so that they can take their business online and enjoy all the benefits, regardless of skills or background. The free online learning platform delivers a full digital skills course, using relatable examples of how different types of small businesses can use digital channels in various ways. Upon completion of the online course, learners receive a certificate endorsed by Google and recognised by IAB Europe.
The Google Digital Garage project was expanded further to offer not only free online training, but free face to face training. With pop-up Digital Garages appearing up and down the country, business owners can receive free advice on various aspects of digital marketing and learnings for their business.
In April 2017, the free face to face training turned its attention to a Digital Garage appearing on the High Street with the first one appearing in Sheffield, then Birmingham in July 2017 and recently, Manchester in November 2017. The Google Digital Garage also expanded the range of people that the classes and mentorings on offer, are suitable for.
Who is the Digital Garage Suitable For?
This is a common question we get when people are walking past the garage on the High Street, or when they notice the Google Bus and slow down to see who we are and what we do?
The truth of the matter is, is that we can help service anybody. Whether you are:
- wanting to get better use of your phones or your tablets;
- you are worried about being safe online;
- you’re looking at internships;
- building your career, looking for a job;
- whether you are thinking of starting a business, or
- growing your digital presence online.
We can help you.
How Can We Help?
We can help in three ways:
1. We have several courses that help boost your confidence; skills for work; or grow your Career or Business.
2. We deliver practical workshops for small business such as ‘Get Your Business Visible on Google’ and ‘Build a Simple Website for your Business’.
3. Being in business can often feel like the loneliest place, but it doesn’t need to be. The team at the Birmingham, Manchester and Sheffield Digital Garages all have experience in the field of Digital and help you to explore topics covered in the courses with their experience.
Not sure how to keep your photographs safe on your phone or tablet? We can help you with that, or any query that you may have with your phone or tablet? We’ll do our best to assist.
You can sit down with one of our team here for a free mentoring session for 30 minutes to address any digital questions you may have.
We also partner with local businesses and organisations and run events at the Digital Garage on various aspects digital. Previous courses ran include Introduction to Marketing ; Women in Tech, How to Take Better Photos and others:
Where Can We Sign Up?
Click here to find out more about the courses that we do. Click on local coaching and this will give you a description of all of the courses, practical workshops or you can book in a mentoring session with one of our team.
When is the Google Digital Garage Open?
We are open 7 days a week, 10am – 6pm, Monday – Saturday and 11am – 4pm on Sundays.
How about Christmas?
The Google Digital Garage will be closed for the Festive Season on Saturday 23rd December until Tuesday 2nd January. We will be open again on Wednesday 3rd January 2018.