Social Media & Protocol Officer – Malaysia
Our client, an academic institute and an international think tank advisory firm is looking for a savvy social media officer to assist their international thought leaders and national leaders at the highest levels of international business and politics. The position is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and requires relocation and a commitment to staying within the region for a minimum of 2 years (full-time fix term contract-renewable). We are looking for a committed individual with a high level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times. You will have strong attention to detail and ability to follow-through with a high level of accuracy.
The successful candidate will have the ability to quickly adjust to different cultures and share responsibilities and rewards within a team.
1. Manage, plan, coordinate and execute all aspects of protocol support for the client’s top management, board members, and their distinguished guests.
2. Plan, coordinate and execute high-level foreign and domestic visits/functions, ceremonies, special events and meetings hosted by the senior leadership. This includes
3. Conducting research and identifying potential site locations, facility selections, gift exchanges, invitations, seating arrangements, press coverage, etc and arranging the necessary logistics.
4. Help senior leadership forge important relationships and guide them in terms of etiquette to ensure that they avoid making cultural mistakes.
5. Develop and maintain reliable sources of information from government, interest groups and other organizations that provide timely and accurate data on political, economic, and social developments of different countries.
6. Map out a digital and social media marketing strategy and collaborate with the existing team to execute the strategy.
7. Assist in developing and managing digital marketing contents and campaigns across various social media platforms. Monitor the impact of social media campaigns. Analyse, review and report on the effectiveness of campaigns.
8. Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
9. Edit and proofread a variety of content types, ensuring it meets style, tone and marketing message requirements.
10. Develop and manage research projects in various sectors/disciplines (academic, public policy, business, real estate, digital marketing, human resources, etc.)
1. Competitive salary
2. Attractive financial incentive scheme
3. Fantastic opportunity to travel overseas
4. Attractive relocation allowance
5. Flight cost to Malaysia covered by client
6. Home visits – every contract year
1. Flexibility and mobility are crucial. In line with team spirit, work on other special tasks assigned by the members of the Board and the CEO. May be required to work evenings, weekends or holiday
2. Minimum 3 years of full-time work experience in a professional setting, a minimum of 1-year experience in Asia preferred).
3. Demonstrate maturity to handle diplomatic situations.