Public Sector Advisor (Relocate to Malaysia)
Our client is hiring specialists to join their Public Sector Advisory Team based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This role requires relocation and a commitment to staying within the region for a minimum of 2 years (full-time fix term contract-renewable). You will be working in a team of 12 with people from a variety of nations including, but not limited to: India, Norway, Scotland and Belgium.
The client is both an academic institute and a think tank/advisory firm that utilizes the theoretical frameworks of Blue Ocean Strategy to create powerful solutions that are high impact, low cost, and rapidly executed. The Institute’s mission is to support the public sector to achieve its future goals by applying blue ocean strategy while establishing a community of BOS thinkers and practitioners.
Through National Blue Ocean Strategy, over 80 ministries and agencies – from the police and military, to women, youth, and higher education organisations – are collaborating to formulate and execute creative blue ocean strategy initiatives that are transforming the country.
- Apply Blue Ocean Strategy to design and implement strategies for clients in various industries
- Perform feasibility studies and in-depth market research for developing strategies in both public and private sectors
- Monitor and analyze political, economic, and social developments in Malaysia and other countries
- Engage with various public and private sector entities and facilitate collaboration to successfully design and execute strategies
- Provide advisory services and training for public and private sector clients
- Build and maintain the network of BOS practitioners and trainers in public agencies
- Develop new educational materials for BOS workshops
- In line with team spirit, work on other special tasks assigned by the CEO
- Minimum Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Psychology or Sociology from a prestigious University that is internationally recognized
- Ph.D. and/or MBA/MPA preferred
- Several years of work experience in strategy, research, consulting and/or advisory. Some experience working in Asia preferred.
- Relevant work experience requirements for positions - Associate Fellow: Min. 5 years / Fellow: Min. 7 years
- Keen interest in political, economic, and social issues
- High level of creativity, integrity and commitment
- Ability to quickly adjust to different cultures and share responsibilities and rewards within a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, results-driven
- Strong analytical and critical decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Salary up to $60,000USD per annum
- Salary increase on completion of fellowship.
- Round trip ticket home.
- 50% of fees to be paid for up to 2 children between 6 and 12 years of age.